Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 6: I think, just maybe, that I am dead

Ben had a presidency breakfast meeting at 8:00 this morning, and the pool didn't open until 8:00 so I decided to set my alarm for 7:30, just in case I slept too long. I really thought I'd be up before then, but you never know. So, I woke up this morning and noticed it was starting to get light out. As I figured, I did wake up before the alarm, by about 20 seconds. Had to chuckle at that one. Guess I must have been dead tired (p.s.-Jillian climbed in bed with me last night so it's not like I slept through the night. Had to keep shoving her over so she wasn't under/over me.)

Took Ben over to the church and headed to the pool. When I got there they told me there was a swim meet at 9:30 but they would leave one lane open for guests. I thought maybe I'd just get in as many laps as possible until the meet started, but after my first lap the place started filling up with kids practicing for the meet. I figured I was not going to get out of the pool after one lap so kept going. Unfortunately, I haven't done any of the swimming I need to complete my triathlon by Monday, so I had 80 laps I needed to complete. By the time the meet started, I figured I'd already made a fool of myself swimming with all these well trained swimmers and figured the odds of me coming back were going to be harder than making myself continue to swim during the meet in front of all those people. It wasn't until I was almost done that other swimmers got in the lane with me, and not until the last 2 laps that one guy behind me caught up to me, tagging my feet. I decided it best to let him pass and did what I could to finish my lap before someone else was on my toes, literally.

Ran to the store to exchange something, but was quickly overwhelmed with the thought of having to look for a replacement, so I got store credit and headed home.

Upon arriving home I gathered the kids and we did our family exercise (Ben and Samantha are working on for Scouts and Young Women's goals). Then I put in another 7.5 miles on the bike, and 2 miles on the treadmill.

Shawn just showed up to give the kids piano lessons and Melissa should be here in an hour or so to give me a massage....I think I deserve it. I just hope she doesn't mind working on a corpse (and that she doesn't kill me more). I'm so tired and sore from the long work week and exercise. But other than cleaning the house, the rest of the day is mine. Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.....

Okay, I have 6 kids, so nothing is ever mine. But it's nice to relish in the thought for a few moments now and again.

I'm now going to stumble off to do my house chore and try to wipe the fog from my eyes.

No comments: