Another day and we're all still alive...
Got up very early this morning to get working (about 4:30). I'm so far behind schedule because my computer crashed last week that as long as I don't think of everything I need to have done by this Friday, the anxiety attacks aren't so bad.
Believe it or not, the FHE from last night did some good. We discussed a plan on how we could make our days go smoother around here and created a schedule. The morning went great. The kids were up and pretty much completely ready by 7:00. At 7:00 we were suppose to start "family time" (this involves scriptures, prayers, and of course eating). By the time we got everyone in the same room at the same time, it was pushing closer to 7:10, but we had breakfast together, family prayer, finished a chapter in the Book of Mormon, and did some socializing ALL before 7:30 when Ben and Sam had to leave. (Plus, the animals were taken care of without me saying anything AND most the beds were made...Jilly was still in bed so I'm not sure how to count that one) It was quite nice. No yelling, no hair pulling, no whinning...and the kids were just as good. This gave the middle kids plenty of time to do whatever until it was time to leave for school at 8:15.
I continued to work like a made woman, choosing not to exercise until later. After a 14.5 hour work day, I called it quits because my shoulders and neck were killling me. Earlier in the day Jon called to say he was sick. He stopped by the house for a few minutes in the afternoon after his doctor appointment (strep) to pick up his boots. His mom took him to the doctor and she picked up Jillian and is planning on keeping her for the night. It was nice and quiet here, but I kept finding myself wondering what Jillian was up to.
The afternoon didn't go as well at the morning because I was too busy staring at a computer screen, so my house is no cleaner, but I didn't hear fighting, and at least some of the kids claimed they got their homework done. This will get better. I'm still praying that the teachers will allow an extension on the science fair projects because they're just not happening. Oh, and I just learned that my Friday deadline was basically moved up to Thursday evening. Nice.
I finally stopped work at 7:00 to watch Biggest Loser. I'm behind 2 days on the bike, so I rode for 22.5 miles on the bike watching the show. By about mile 17 I think my feet and butt went numb, so it wasn't so bad after that. Ben challenge me to double that. I told him if he got all his homework done I would....I'm safe for now.
It's late. I'm tired. And there's a new day just hours away. I'm actually doing okay today. If the kids are as good tomorrow as they were today I might serious consider pulling the "Kids for Sale" ad...Okay, I didn't really do it,..but if it paid well....
Thanks to all for the love and support.
Gaye and the gang
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment