Friday, January 22, 2010

1 Week and 4 Days (Jan 21-Thur): Rush Hour Homework

I obviously didn't get to post on the day because I was still up after the day way over. Today (meaning Thursday) was rush rush from the moment I got up. Now it's almost a blur and it's no wonder I'm trying to block it out.

We started out exercising around 6:15. Not much of a workout but I was in a good mood but we were all tired. When we got done Samantha said she had math she didn't get done (she wasn't around much Wed because of school, science projects, and mutual) so I said to grab it and I'd help her. I got in about 1/2 mile on the treadmill by the time she came down. It wasn't that hard, but she wasn't happy and I think it was stressing her out that we were rushing through it when she didin't always understand what was going on. She was in tears by the time the carpool arrived and I'd asked Ben to make her a lunch (which he claims he didn't hear me ask) and asked Deanna to make her a bagel for breakfast (but she couldn't find stuff to put on it). So I threw together a sandwich, ended up yelling at the kids because of all the arguing and justification etc. going on, leaving me feeling pretty bad that the kids went off to school that way.

My day for the younger kid carpool so before I knew it we were out the door for that. Rushed home to get my own homework done (work) until Jillian woke up. Jon's mom showed up around 9:30 or so to take Jillian for the day. That helped, but I'm now behind enough at work, and stressed that I couldn't get the printer installed (need it for these science projects).

Back to pick up Jacob and Deanna at 3:30 and Deanna informed me that they were having a surprise baby shower for her teacher the next day. Lots of warning there. Plus, Jacob's teacher had called earlier to say she was doing a little party for Jacob in class Friday for his birthday. Wanted to know if I was brining treats or if she should bring something. I thought, "no problem, that gives me 2 days"....HA. I lost a day somewhere because it was already Thursday..how did that happen? So, I took the kids straight to the store to get their treats and gifts and rushed back to get Dani from band practice. Dani forgot her science pack at school so I took her back to the school, then we ran over to grandma B's to get Jillian.

Once home, it was science fair project time. Sat down with Dani and later Sammy to work on their project. Once you reach the point of putting things on paper it's much easier, but still a lot of stress. Fortunately Kristin took over dinner prep and Dani and I were off by 7:15 to her Maturation class at the school.

I was stressing all through the Maturation class thinking that we needed to get home and finish homework. Kristin and I helped Deanna finish her experiment testing then Kristin got on the other computer and entered the study results from Sam and Dani's project while I worked with Deanna to finish writing her report. Dani was working on another essay assignment between writing her report and I think I sent the girls to bed before 11:00. I was up until 1:00 proofreading their reports and getting their graphics, pictures, and text ready to print and paste on their poster boards the next morning. When I headed to bed I noticed Ben's light on. Yes, he was still up reading.

If I couldn't only rush to bed

.....To be continued........

No comments: