Thursday, January 28, 2010

2 Weeks and 3 and 4 Days: I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore

I think I'm finally getting over this cold.  Still not 100%, but getting better.

Yesterday was SLOW. I spent the day working and it felt more like 12 hours than 8. Actually, I felt that way at about 5 or 6 hours. I called the younger kids to see how they were doing and the girls said they've been watching lots of movies and Jacob said he was "being good". It wasn't a long conversation, but it was nice to chat.   I was granted another reprieve at 4:30 to go visiting teaching and spend the following 2 hours delivering birthday cards from the bishop to people in the ward (just in case you didn't know, I'm a ward missionary now and that's one of our jobs). Got home in time to run Ben and Sam to mutual and still not feeling wonderful, I decided to hit the sack early, where I laid in bed for hours before I finally fell asleep.  I should have been cleaning, but I was afraid I might pass out if I had to move too fast.

So, here I am, day 4 after the cold set in, and I'm doing okay.  I've hardly used a tissue today, although I am conjested.  However, even without the younger one's here my house looks like something after a tornado.  I haven't been able to do anything here since the kids left and it looks like it.  I'm so swamped with work I can't focus on much else, but perhaps tonight I'll convince the 2 older ones that "it's time". Maybe I'll even see if "it's time" to start exercising again too. I haven't done anything while I"ve been sick, but maybe a short walk will tell me how I'm really fairing. Of course, that's after I run Sammy to the orthodontist and run who knows what other errands.

No comments: