I know Saturday isn't Sunday, and usually Saturday is "the day you get ready for Sunday" but after the weeks I've been having, it almost felt like a day of rest. First off, I got to sleep in. I didn't have to get up until 7:00, and that only because Ben had a merit badge clinic he was suppose to be at at 7:30. That gave me 3 more hours of sleep. Sweet.
After he left, I went back to my room and leasurely read for a while. I then got Jacob and tried to tackle the boy's room. Ben supposedly cleaned his half the other day, but it still needed some work, and I knew if I wasn't there nothing more was going to happen. We got the closet cleaned out and got stuff out from under Ben's dresser. Found a book that I've been looking for. The bar in their closed came down the other day, so Jacob and I hung that back up and hung up all their church clothes that had been so neatly spilled in a wad on the floor. We then fixed their hamper, which had a bar come unscrewed. Thank goodness grandma B gave Jacob a tool box for his birthday.
I then tried to get the kids to straighten up before Shawn and Nichole came for over for piano lessons. They got the main floor presentable at best, still needing work to be realistic. I called mom while I was waiting and found out the neighbors (the Weiders) lost their house. John, who lives there now, got it from his mom probably close to 15 years ago after she lost it, and his parent had been there since my preteen years. Sad to think that someone could still lose a house that probably only originally cost $30,000 to 40,000 to begin with. Apparently mom is letting them stay there for a while until the kids get out of school in June. Yikes. I hope she doesn't go crazy(ier) in the mean time.
Nichole showed up with one of her school counselor tests (the one's school psychologists and counselors adminiter to kids to see their intellegence or learning abilities compared to kids their age.) This is part of her masters program. She started testing Dani and they're not quite down, but I learned that Dani is running on a Sr in high school/college freshman level. The lowest she scored was at a 13 year old level. Good, now maybe I can put her in charge and get some rest. It will be fun to see how the others score and in which areas.
I worked in my room for a while, but didn't make much progress. My goal is to actually have all the laundry put away this week and have more than a walking path through the room. Still have the Christmas wrapping box in my room and 2 baskets of laundry that only got half folded, not to mention the laundry I did today. I'll get there. It's amazing how getting one monkey off your back is just so freeing, even though you still have like 6 more there.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment