Friday, February 12, 2010

4 Weeks and 4 and 5 Days (2/11 and 2/12): A breathe of fresh air

I don't know what it is about this week, but I can't seem to remember to post the day of.  It's always the next morning.

Well, I made my iniatial deadline for work.  Unfortunately it was just the draft of the book so I still need to get the guide in finalized format and get that out too soon.  But at least there's something there, so if worse comes to worse....they've got something.

I can't get over how quiet it is around here.  Even Kristin has been picking up more shifts, so often times it's just me.  Kristin was real ambitious yesterday.  She finished up some laundry and got it put away, did the dishes, and started cleaning the kid's room (that they were suppose to have clean last week-only Dani got her's clean before she left).  So, the house still  needs lots of work, but now I have that much less to stress over.

I know today hasn't happened yet, but I figured I wouldn't be here this evening and ought to post now.  This morning I'm going to work. I probably won't work a full day.  I figure the 60 hours I worked prior to today should allow me to skip out a little early today.  Then I'll pick up Ben and Sam from school and we're off to Colorado.  On the whole the weather looks good, but regardless of the route I take, north or south, there will be some place that is expecting light snow showers.  I'll flip a coin before I head out.

It will be nice to see the kids again.   I talked to Jacob and Jillian last night.  I asked Jacob if he was being good. He said, "Sometimes I fouyt".  Thinking this meant 'fight' I said, "well, why are you fighting?" He said, "I keep fouyting."  I reminded him to be good and try not to fight. He said again, "I just keep fouyting sometimes. But then I go in the bathroom and turn on the fan so others don't have to smell it."............Oh, farting.  Now I get it.  So, I guess if I had a choice between my kid fighting or farting....which would I chose. 

Sounds like Deanna's sick now.  I sure they're all over this before we have to drive home.  I'm starting to think I fly a plane instead of drive a car, always carrying puke bags around with me.  Good thing they're good travelers in all other respects.

Back to the grind. Lots to do today before I go. I'm praying for a good trip.