Had high hopes for a productive weekend, but...:
- First I got up early to decorate for Dani's bday and found the kids had gotten into and used up all the balloons, so,
- I went into my office to make some banners or something for her to find my computer infected with some spy ware. After spending over a good hour and HOPEFULLY removing it, I decided that I needed to get away.
- Later I walked past the kids bathroom and the toilet was clogged and running at a constant overflow. The floor was in about 2 inches of water (overflow was running to the downstairs),
- Right after that I ran to the store. When I came back and opened the garage, and the dogs ran out and took off down the street. This week they've managed to create a big enough hole in their kennel fence to escape if they try hard enough. Guess they made it. And with the help of someone leaving the back garage door open, they made their way into the garage. After chasing them down and finally getting them into the backyard, I found garage remnants scattered about. I fixed the hole in the fence, picked up the garage fragments, shut the garage door, and
- I escaped to the world of witches and vampires for maybe an hour, where I found even make believe people have even worse days than me. Too bad mine wasn't make believe.
- I then decided I had to face reality one more time and went to take the garbage out and the door knob broke and I couldn't get out. Nice. So, I took the front door knob, attempted to fix it, and decided to swap the door knob with the downstairs ones, because I'd much rather get locked in the house to the backyard than the front door. Jacob and Jillian kindly offer to help me screw the door knobs back in place (enough said).
- The carpet was coming untacked so Deanna helped me try to fix that but all the nails I had were bent, so we settled with the temporary fix until Jon gets back.
I'd fallen victim to one of the classic blunders, the first being, never get involved in a housecleaning war in my house, but only slightly less well known is this. Never go up against Murphy, when sanity is on the line...
Oh, PS- I took hid the plugs to the computer and TV. It's driving everyone crazy.
2 comments:
Sounds like it is time for you to take a 8 week break somewhere and let Jon take care of the house and kids for that time. We are going to DisneyWorld the end of May, come with use.
Dave
oh, so tempting. It isn't a holiday there is it?
Post a Comment