Well, cross your fingers, knock on wood, and rub your lucky rabbit's foot. Jon has not been accident free for over 2 weeks now, possibly 3. We're excited about that and Jon's relieved that no back muscles or blisters are keeping him from enjoying the pleasures of exercise. Just last weekend Jon and I were able to play several hours of racquetball. Friday evening we went to play and I thought I started out playing a pretty mean game, until Jon showed that he had too many tricks up his sleeve and pulled out a win. After that I fell apart and Jon managed to trounce me the next 4 games. Very discouraging on my part, but at least it was exercise. Saturday morning proved that I must have snagged a decent night's sleep because I came back full force. Although I still didn't beat Jon at any of the 3 games we played, the 3 games stretched over 2 hours and one game even went into overtime, where Jon finally managed to pull off the upset 23-21.
Just in case anyone's wondering, Jon is down 45 lbs and I'm down 21. We're still working hard to eat healthy and get in exercise. We actually started riding the bike most mornings too, and I have to admit we're a bit saddle sore.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment