Thursday, July 10, 2008

Someone's talking!!

Deanna has really taken on to this reading thing. I can't believe the progress she's made this past year and past few months. However, dispite her improvements, keeping up with words of the church hymns during sacrament meeting still posses a problem for her. She used to have me tell her the words as she was about to sing them, but I think sometimes she finds it difficult to sing and listen at the same time. So, recently she's resorted to reading the entire song first before we even start singing. However, this means she's reading during the course of sacrament meeting, and she prefers to do it out loud so I can correct her if she gets it wrong.

A week ago we went to Jon's nephew's mission farewell talk. After the sacrament she dutifully opened the hymn book to the closing song and began reading the text to me. The song this day was Called to Serve Him. She began reading, and was doing great, except I had to keep reminding her that someone was talking and she had to keep it down or others could hear her. It was a difficult task for her, but she got better at keeping it down. When she reached the chorus she came to the words, "onward, ever onward", but instead of saying "ever" she kept saying "every". Trying to keep the volume down myself, I tried to correct her and let it know it was EVER, not EVERY. She began to get a bit flustered, but continued saying EVERY. When I tried to correct her again, she said, "I can't hear you! That lady up there's talking."

I tried to stifle a snicker but told Jon what happened. Upon hearing this he started chuckling and couldn't stop. Deanna couldn't understand why dad was laughing. I think I told her he was just enjoying himself at church....

No comments: