Monday, August 18, 2008

Sleep Tight, but don't mention anything about bed bugs

When it's time for Jillian to go down for her nap, someone will usually bring her in to me to say good night. We exchange our bed time pleasantries "Night, mommy!" "Good night, girl" "Sweet dreams!" one of us will usually say, we blow kisses and Jillian giggles, and then she quitely goes down for a nap. Today however, after exchanging our usual sayings, I added, "Sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite." At this comment she looked back at me questioningly, a bit bothered. Thinking maybe she didn't quite understand this new phrase I said, "Don't worry. Just have sweet dreams!" Jon then carted her off to bed only to see his 2 year old daughter's face become more stressed. "Daddy?" she whimpered, "Bugs eat me?"

I've now been warned that Child Protective Services will be called if I ever mention bed bugs again. And all this time I just thought it was another pleasantry my parents and I used to exchange at night. Sheesh. Now I know better....

2 comments:

Theron & Melissa said...

Amazing! Soon we won't even be able to look at our kids without being questioned! LOL! That's cute. That's one of those stories that could go in the back of one of those women's magazines "Kids say the Darndest Thing" or something.

Kevin and Lindsey said...

Hi Brady Family! I was blog hopping off the Sullivans blog and saw yours. Your kids are so adroable! I absolutely LOVE the bug comment! (We also have a blog, teneycks.blospot.com.) Love you guys!